- NVA Events
- Community Groups
- For Kids
- For Adults
- Common Good Fund
- Bettridge Centre
- Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- Sponsors of the NVA
Terms & Conditions
1.You may not participate in this site unless you accept these Terms. Your use of the site shall amount to acceptance.
2. We can change these Terms and any features of our service without notice and with immediate binding effect on you.
3. This website and all its contents (including but not restricted to words, sound and pictures) are protected by the intellectual property law of the United Kingdom and other countries as may be applicable. (See paragraph 8 below)
4. When you register with this community you must supply certain details. Your e-mail address and password control entry to the site. If you are under 16 you must get the consent of a parent or guardian before registering.
You can only access the registration areas of the site if:
(i) your email address and password are personal and may not be used by anyone else to access the site.
(ii) you do not do anything to allow anyone who is not a registered user to access any registration area of the site.
(iii) you do not create additional registration accounts which may cause disruption or abuse of the site;
(iv) you do not supply us with false or misleading information or pass yourself off as another user.
If we believe that you have not complied with these requirements, we may cancel your access to the site immediately and without notice.
Cancellation or suspension
5. We can suspend or cancel this agreement and your ability to use the community with immediate effect at any time for any reason, including but not restricted to your serious or repeated breach of these Terms or any conduct in connection with your use of this site that we consider inappropriate or disruptive and which is serious or persistent. We will notify you of such termination at your registered email address and invalidate your access to the site.
6. You are legally responsible for material you post or submit and you understand that by doing so you intend it to be published on the commuity. But you give us free of charge the non-exclusive, sub-licensable right to edit, delete, copy, translate, create derivative works from, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, make available to the public or otherwise use and re-use your contribution (or not use it) on the community and in any media (now known or later developed) worldwide for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution (including any renewals or extensions) and you waive any moral rights in your contribution for these purposes.
7. By publishing or posting material on this website, you warrant to us that:
i). You do not infringe the rights of any relevant individuals or corporation, including but not restricted to the owners of any copyright and other intellectual property right, confidentiality or privacy right, and you have obtained any necessary permissions.
ii) You have not defamed any individual or corporation or otherwise affected their legal rights. This may include but is not restricted to: comment which cannot be justified; facts which are untrue or unprovable; statements breaching an individual's privacy; statements which may prejudice a court case; images or statements which are obscene, pornographic or illegal; statements which are offensive on grounds of race, religion, creed, colour or which may incite hatred or disrespect in any third party; statements which breach the criminal law, whether or not known to be illegal; statements which may breach professional ethics or standards.
8. You indemnify and will keep indemnified NVA any associated companies and their respective directors, employees and shareholders from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including legal costs) arising from any breach of these Terms by you or the publication of any posting or submission whatsoever contributed by you or on your behalf. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defence of any claim, for which you shall be financially responsible, and for which we are entitled to indemnity from you. In such event, you shall provide us with all co-operation as may reasonably be requested by us.
Loss or damage - disclaimer
9. You acknowledge that:
i) the contributions to the community are the statements and views of the contributors and not of us or any of our connected companies, directors employees or shareholders;
ii) it is your sole responsibility to check the accuracy of any facts and opinions given on this website before entering into any commitment based upon them;
iii) we do not, as a matter of course, actively moderate, monitor or edit the contributions to community;
iv) any third parties advertising on our websites, or external (or link) sites accessible via our websites, are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents or for any agreement you may enter into with a third party arising from your visit to our websites.
10. We are not liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising, from contributions to the community by other parties, your use of this site or inability to use this site, or any errors and omissions on this site, whether in contract, tort or otherwise and whether such loss or damage is foreseen or forseeable. This includes but is not restricted to indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages, loss of business, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of opportunity, loss of reputation, loss of data and loss suffered by third parties. This does not exclude our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
11. We make no representations and give no warranties with regard to the quality, suitability, reliability, compatibility, accuracy, non-infringement or completeness of the contents of this website, and any implied warranties are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
12. We do not warrant that this website, the server that supplies it or any other of our systems will be uninterrupted or free of errors, viruses or bugs and we shall not be liable if this site is inaccessible at any time. Access may be suspended temporarily without notice for technical reasons or for reasons over which we have no control.
15. We will use your personal details to administer this site. From time to time, we may send direct marketing or promotional material information from us or selected third parties. You can indicate you do not wish to receive such material by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. If we find your use of this site seriously inappropriate, offensive or disruptive, we may use information we have about you to stop such conduct, and this may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school, email provider or, in the case of any suspected unlawful activity, the police.
18. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Scotland and any disputes will be submitted to and resolved by the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
19. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court then, to the extent to which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining terms shall remain in full force and effect.